Creative recently released a Portable Media Center ROM update for its Zen PMC.
The firmware update 1.03 / ZPMC-FWARE-1-L4 has to be installed through your connected PMC and it will delete all content in your player when you install the new firmware. So please make sure to back-up any audio, video, image or data files in your player with Microsoft Windows Media Player 10.
After installing the new firmware, use Windows Media Player 10 to restore content to your player.
- Optimizes power usage, so that you enjoy more playtime
- Reduces the time taken to switch from Radio mode to other modes
- Adds Traditional and Simplified Chinese language support for the player's menu
- Improves synchronization of Digital Rights Management-protected content
- Resolves player response issues when synchronizing content using USB 1.1
- Improves video playback
- Removes extraneous sound occuring when the player is turned off in Radio mode, using the Wired Remote
- Improves stability of the USB connection speed
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Windows Media Player 10 installed
I haven't tried it so far but will give it a try tonight.
Cheers ~ Arne
RELATED LINKS : [More Information & Download] SOURCE : [Microsoft PMC Newsgroup]