Wow, what a deal! Let me tell you what I did the last days and what happened:
First of all, last Thursday I got my new DSL line which really helped me to migrate from one server and database to another. However, When I tried to post this last week - as happy as I was, my previous server doesn't allow me to post anything more... :-( Therefore I wasn't able to gave you the latest update... :-(((
Anyway - on Friday I left my home for an Easter weekend in Austria, my last chance for this year to go snowboarding. Therefore I wasn't able to work on the server.
Now I'm back and everything is done. What changed and what will change within the next days too:
- I have a new (more expensive) server, with more included bandwidth
- I have a new SQL database running in the background which seems to give better performance
- Pocket PC Writer.Net changed to PPCW.Net for two reasons:
- I want to shorten the URL for a long time as Pocket PC Writer.Net was ugly to enter on a Pocket PC
- My new provider wasn't able to give me a static IP address where I could redirect Pocket PC Writer.Net. Therefore I needed a new Domain - so I thought it was the perfect time! :-)
However PPCW.Net is still available from Pocket PC Writer.Net, so use what ever you want.
- However, have in mind that Pocket PC Writer.Net is called now PPCW.Net only as my site is not dealing with Pocket PC related topics only but everything
about Windows CE(.Net) and the wireless world. So this cryptic name - which still reminds on Pocket PC Writer.Net is perfect. ;-)
- I still use the old Content Management System - as you see but I made some modifications on the script. This should speed up the performance too. However,
I will modify the layout to a leaner one, so within the next days you may recognize some errors, that's normal if a non-developer like me tries to modify PHP
- All previous articles AND comments from Pocket PC Writer.Net will be also available on PPCW.Net, I decided that this is important! :-)
- Anything else? I think I have everything for now. Please be patient the next days, as I still have to make some modifications.
Cheers ~ Arne