When I relaunched PPCW.Net on the new server, I told you that I'm thinking about additional
features to add to PPCW.Net. One, I was thinking about for a long time, was a Support Forum. Finally I made the necessary PHP code and everything works well.
Why another forum and what was my intention? First of all, the PPCW.Net Forum (which is also accessible from http://forum.ppcw.net) shouldn't become another general forum. Therefore I'm still working with Jerome on WirelessForums.Net! The PPCW.Net Forum should be a help and more or less FAQ forum. In the past I got so many E-Mails about problems, some for you had with configuration and other things, that I thought it might be a good idea to discuss this publicly, that others can follow this discussions and add their experiences. Also a lot of you posted questions as a comment to articles. Some of this articles and questions are so interesting that it is a bummer if this feedback goes down in the mass of articles/comments.
Therefore it should be more or less an open discussion about solutions for dedicated problems, not that kind of general talks (not today, who knows what happens) or even announcements, if this announcements aren't related in any kind with the products! So a driver announcement will added there for sure, a general product announcement not, if not related in anyway with a product/problem and isn't covered by PPCW.Net in general.
So here are the rules I thought about:
- You can talk about everything related to a problem/solution
- You can ask your dedicated questions, add your experiences or post your solutions/workarounds
- You can register for posting or can do this even unregistered, please don't abuse it
- You may not use the article comments section for your questions but the Forum
- I will take care of the threads and may close it at any time if it comes to a pointless discussion
- I will kick-out any non-related announcements
- I will try to get the support of the companies, that a specialist may have a look from time to time to give us additional feedback and background information
Anything I've missed? If so, just use the Forum to add your thoughts - of even the comments section, which is still fine for me for sure! :-) Additional features on PPCW.Net will follow, sooner or later... ;-)
Cheers ~ Arne