Pocket Presence, the leading provider of GSM and GPRS software products for Pocket PC,
announced that it has signed a distribution agreement with Compaq Computer in the Europe, Middle East and Africa region for its One-Click Mobility solution.
Stockholm, April 29, 2002 - Swedish Pocket Presence today announced that it has signed a distribution agreement with Compaq Computer in the Europe, Middle East and Africa region (EMEA), the manufacturer of the award winning iPAQ Pocket PC, operating on Windows PocketPC, for its One-Click Mobility solution. According to the agreement, Compaq will offer the One-Click Mobility solution together with its iPAQ Pocket PC to carriers within the EMEA region.
One-Click Mobility is a mass-deployment solution targeting GSM and GPRS telecom carriers that want to offer powerful mobile Internet bundles for PDAs combined with GPRS handsets. The solution can be pre-installed by the carrier and is completely brandable and customizable. To link the two devices together One-Click Mobility uses Bluetooth. Users of the iPAQ Pocket PC with the One-Click Mobility solution pre-installed by their carriers will have immediate access to a
range of features, including dialing, messaging, and Web browsing, as all carrier specific settings are pre-configured. The solution can be enhanced with additional data services.
For the end-user, the One-Click Mobility solution gives a completely new experience of the mobile Internet. It provides complete Internet and email always-online access along with support for existing mobile Internet technologies such as WAP and I-mode, and it uses Bluetooth to support a real mobile experience of these services.
"One-Click Mobility offers unique opportunities for telecom carriers to provide added value for their subscribers with iPAQs and GPRS handsets. This is another initiative of Compaq to ensure fast return on investment for telecom providers in the wireless area." says Florian Reithmeier, Director Business Development Wireless Business Solutions Group, Compaq EMEA.
One-Click Mobility consists of two main components, the Client Pack and the Deployment Tool. The Client Pack contains the software components of the solution, which are configured, installed and updated by the Deployment Tool.
"The One-Click Mobility solution targets the most advanced terminals of today, the new series of iPAQs and Bluetooth enabled GPRS handsets. This deal illustrates the potential of the One-Click Mobility concept and the quality of its components," says Frederik KÃ¤mmerer, CEO of Pocket Presence.
One-Click Mobility Feature List
- Shortcuts from today page (see right screenshot)
- New main-page (see right screenshot)
- Buttons leading to specific applications, services (help section)
Automated setup and configuration
- Automatic installation of specific drivers is enabled.
- Patches and other bug fixes can be integrated in installation.
- GPRS = Username + password, APN, IP address, DNS, compression, header compression
- HSCSD > Dial-up number, username + password, HSCSD AT Commands, IP address, DNS, compression, header compression
- GSM > Dial-up number, username + password, IP address, DNS, compression, header compression
- E-mail settings > No automatic e-mail setup support
- WAP settings > Uses Pocket IE without additional settings. WAP 1.1, no support for WTLS. Additional settings are linked to third party WAP clients
- Internet > Homepage, favorites
- SMS > SMSC number
- Phone > Speed dial numbers
- Compact Flash card â€“ auto install
- CD ROM - exe file
- Download - exe file
- Install procedure: automatic installation. All files packaged in one exe file.
- Phone Interface
- SMS messaging (Incl long (concatenated) messages
- DTMF transmission
- Voice calls
- Access to Contact database, SIM and phone numbers
- Enhanced menus in Microsoft Contacts
- Voice call and SMS history
- Speed Dial buttons
- Call forwarding settings
- Annotator for call related information
- Missed call notification
- Received SMS notification
- Low battery notification
- Signal strength indicator
- Bluetooth indicator
- Personalized profile settings
- Personalized hardware button settings
- Customizable ring signals
- Automatic or manual network selection
- Copy and paste phone numbers
- Pin code management
- Linking to native Microsoft Pocket Outlook and/or Messenger
- Data transfer meter
: [More Information