Yesterday, Taiwanese E-Ten Corporation officially announced the launch of the E-Ten M600 Pocket PC Phone Edition, a perfect combination of wireless technology and style, the M600 continues the E-TEN tradition of international award winning design concepts first introduced on the M500 model in Q1, 2005.
The M600 featuring built-in Wireless LAN technology is the smallest wireless LAN PDA available with a phone function. The compact M600 unit supports a 2.8" 65, 536-color QVGA screen, a Samsung S 3C 2440 400MHz processor, 64MB RAM, 128MB ROM, GPRS/GSM - Quad-Band, a 1.3 Mega pixel built-in camera with enhanced brightness and white balance controls for improved imaging performance, Bluetooth Version 1.2, Skype peer-to-peer telephony and a 1440mAh Li-ion long-life battery.
The M600 runs on
the Windows Mobile 5.0 operating system, the latest version of Microsoft's
Windows Mobile software platform. This new, state-of-the-art device offers users
greater productivity and more appealing entertainment choices through enhanced,
integrated multimedia options and an upgraded Mobile Office suite. Built-in
Wireless LAN technology, allows M600 users to connect with all of their contacts
through Skype telephony anytime or anywhere they can access a Wireless LAN
connection. With the M600, you can be connected to every corner of the world in
the least expensive way.
- Operating System: Windows Mobile 5.0 for Pocket PC Phone Edition
- Processor: Samsung S3C 2440 400 MHz Processor
- Memory: 128 MB Flash ROM, 64 MB SDRAM
- Display: 2.8", 240 x 320, 65,536 colors LTPS TFT-LCD
- Dimensions(LxWxH): 111.7 x 60.7 x 22 mm
- Weight: 165 g
- Communications: GSM quad-band 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, GPRS Class B /
Multi-slot Class10 Bluetooth v1.2 , WiFi IEEE802.11b Certificated
- Camera: Built-in 1.3 mega pixels, up to 1280 x 960 resolution
- Expansibility: SDIO/SD/MMC card slot
- Interface/Audio: Built-in microphone and speaker, external stereo
- Interface/Data: USB Sync, headset jack, Cradle with 2nd battery charger
- Ergonomic Design: Touch screen for stylus or fingertip, navigation
button, power button, 2 quick application buttons, send/end button, record
button, volume control
- Battery: 1440 mAh Li-Ion, rechargeable, replaceable Talk time: 3.5~4
hours, Standby: 150~200 hours, Pocket PC usage:10~15 hours
- Preinstalled Software: Outlook Mobile (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and
Inbox), Picture, Notes, Word Mobile, Excel Mobile, PowerPoint Mobile,
Internet Explorer Mobile, ActiveSync, Calculator, Games (Solitaire, Bubble
Breaker), Voice Recorder, MSN Messenger, Microsoft Transcriber, Windows
Media Player 10, Microsoft Reader (depends on region)
- E-TEN Exclusive Applications: Phone Tools: Phone Application, Phone
Setting, SIM Manager, SIM Toolkit, Speed Dial, Call Filter, Incoming call
Recognition, Wireless Modem, , Wireless Manager, Dialer Skin, Add Ring tone,
CSD Type, Voice Commander, Connection Wizard, Skype for Pocket PC Version
(depends on region) Multimedia Tools: Image Wizard, Image Maker, Multimedia
Manager, Camera, Camcorder, MMS Composer Utilities: Quick Link, Battery
Meter, Zoom SMS, Configuration Wizard, Bluetooth Manager, M-Desk, Scenarios
- Packing List: E-TEN M600, stylus, cradle, USB sync cable, AC adapter,
headset, leather case, Companion CD, quick start guide, standard battery.
- Optional Accessories: Battery pack, car charger, portable keyboard,
Bluetooth GPS kit, Bluetooth Headset.
While E-Ten hasn't updated their website yet, the first (Swedish review) of the E-Ten already appeared on the web which you might want to check out in the meantime.
The E-Ten M600 will be available across Europe and Asia during November
2005. A retail price wasn't given today.
Cheers ~ Arne