Spb announced today the release of Spb GPRS Monitor 2.0, a significant update to the popular software for users with wireless Pocket PCs.
GPRS is a 2.5G wireless data technology that allows users to perform a variety of functions: check email, browse the Web, use instant messaging technologies, transfer files, and much more. However, in most parts of the world, GPRS solutions are quite expensive - users pay by the megabyte (MB) for the data transfer they use. Since there are no built-in tools on the Pocket PC to help track data use, it's very easy for users to quickly use up their data allotment without knowing, and have an expensive bill show up at the end of the month.
By allowing users to monitor and control their GPRS data usage, GPRS Monitor performs a valuable function - it has been described by customers as "indispensable" and "the first application I install on a new Pocket PC".
Driven largely by user requests, GPRS Monitor 2.0 is an evolutionary update that further enhances the strong feature-set introduced in version 1.0. Some of the top features added to this new version include:
- Daily and monthly data limit pop-up warning notifications, keeping the user from expensive data overuse charges
- Auto-changing profiles keeps the data accurate no matter where the user is
- Rich user experience through skinable customization of pop-up windows
- User-interface enhancements for even easier navigation and customizable taskbar icon
- Improved tariff options with enhanced lists of over 200 different service plans from various countries
- Increased options in the Today-screen plug-in including control over data speed refresh rates, traffic
status for the day/month/week/session, traffic cost, current connection speed, and addition icons such as
brightness control, battery panel, Pocket Internet Explorer, and Pocket Inbox.
- Enhancements to battery run-time prediction and backlight support
In keeping with the wide range of international customers that Spb has, international support in multiple languages has been added and more languages will be available after launch.
Pricing and Availability
A free 15-day trial version of Spb GPRS Monitor 2.0 is available for download from PocketGear. A registered version is available for the price of US $9.95. Current customers who have purchased GPRS Monitor 1.x can upgrade to version 2.0 for free by simply installing 2.0 over their current installation.
Cheers ~ Arne
Related Links : [Download Here] [Buy Here]