time ago, I've reviewed Doug Berrett's WebGuide, a Windows Media Center add-on
which allows you to remotely schedule and manage your recorded television
programs. Now, WebGuide was released as WebGuide4 which also allows you to
manage you music, pictures and videos on your Windows XP Media Center and in
addition, Doug added the support for Microsoft's Windows Vista PC.
Install WebGuide on your Media Center PC and access it from any machine that has
a web browser.
This new version couples WebGuide3's features with increased functionality and
an improved interface. Now, not only can you schedule and manage your Media
Center recordings, you can now access all of your music, pictures and videos!
And WebGuide4 provides more access via your web-enabled mobile device which
works perfectly with Windows Mobile Pocket PCs and Smartphones.
- Schedule recordings from any web browser
- Quick installation and familiar easy-to-use interface
- Access your own MCE PC which means live scheduling without delays
- Provides LAN-based access to recorded TV shows via networked PCs with playback
in Windows Media Player
- Homepage provides quick access to recent and upcoming recordings
- Search results grouped by show or date/time
- Set manual recordings and adjust the settings of scheduled recordings
- Access your Music, Pictures and Videos for viewing and streaming over the
- Windows Mobile
Pocket PC and Smartphone enabled EPG
- Localized languages include: Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian,
Norwegian, Spanish and Swedish
WebGuide4 basic is available for free and requires Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 or Windows Vista with Media Center. To get access to all features including photo and video sharing, you have to buy a license for US$ 15.
Cheers ~ Arne