Scandinavian based Qtek recently announced on its Finish website its Qtek 8300 Windows Mobile 5.0 music-Smartphone, the first HTC Smartphone utilizing Microsoft's Windows Mobile 5.0 operating system and supports quad-band GSM, GPRS and EDGE for worldwide use.
Like the additional announced Qtek 8310 (the business version of the 8300), the new 8300 also includes (as the first Windows Mobile Smartphones ever) W-LAN support (see my earlier preview of W-LAN with Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphones here).
- TI OMAP 200 MHz CPU
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 for Smartphone
- Quad-Band GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- USB, IrDA, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b
- Li-Ion battery with 1050 mAh
- 64 MB Flash ROM, 32MB SDRAM
- 2,2" TFT LCD, 64k QVGA (240 x 320) display
- 1.3 megapixel camera with digital zoom
- SDIO miniSD card slot
- 107.5 mm x 46,2 mm x 17,5 mm
- 106 g
Well, the ID of the Qtek 8300 reminds me pretty much of the T-Mobile SDA II Music which looks the same:
This assured me that T-Mobile's SDA II-series will be based on Windows Mobile 5.0 instead of the way Orange went with the introduction of the Orange C550 which is still running Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition.
According to the::unwired information, the Qtek 8300 can be expected during October/November; a price wasn't given yet.
Cheers ~ Arne