O2 Asia recently released a new ROM update for its own Xda Atom Pocket PC Phone Edition which consolidates all the new and previous enhancements and fixes into a single ROM upgrade image. O2 encourages Xda Atom users to upgrade their devices to this system software.
This ROM update provides improvements to overall performance and quality in system software, application software and radio firmware. but applies only to devices with the following system software:
You can check the core software versions running on your device by going Start > Settings > System > System Info.
Benefits of ROM upgrade include:
- Overall Performance - Improves overall performance
- Reconfigures memory system to allow more storage memory available to Outlook (PIM) data synchronization and to programs that must be run under primary storage space
- MMS client - Updates MMS software to 4.0.0 (Build 111) that supports insertion of multiple photo/video images
- GSM software - Provides better handling of GRPS, EDGE connection
- Improves RF performance in weak signal areas
- Camera software - Improves performance of camera application and camera start up time. Adds a new video capture mode
- Improves performance of album application
- Audio - Increases output level from stereo headset
Resolutions to following issues:
- Night mode issue in camera
- SIM issues in some Gemplus USIM card
- Making voice call when STK is running
- Compatibility with certain type of STK applications
- Using CSD as wireless modem
- Hang issues in Windows Media Player while playing certain mp4 files
To download the new ROM, you have to be a registered O2 Asia Xda Atom customer.
Cheers ~ Arne