After Alien6 released A6Ã¢â‚¬Â¢Times for Pocket PC some weeks ago, now Alien6 has released A6Ã¢â‚¬Â¢Times fir Smartphone - which is a user friendly electronic newspaper for your Windows Mobile Smartphone device that supports all known Web content syndication formats and versions (RSS, Atom, RDF).
A6Ã¢â‚¬Â¢Times wants to set itself apart from other similar RSS feed readers with a spectacular user interface that organizes information into sections, just like a traditional newspaper does.
Synchronize it anytime and then bring it with you wherever you go. And, unlike ordinary newspapers, it fits in your pocket.
The very first page to display in A6Ã¢â‚¬Â¢Times is called the Front Page. In fact, every time you start A6Ã¢â‚¬Â¢Times up, it greets you with a reader-friendly news article, randomly chosen from among the news you have not yet read.
If you like reading in this mode, just tap on the "down" button and a brand new front page will be generated for you to read.
The Front Page uses a header picture to give you an idea of the section of news displayed, as well as offering a pleasing and attractive look to the news.
- Supports all RSS, Atom and RDF versions
- Native Windows Mobile 5.0 support (and VGA)
- Windows Mobile 2003 and 2003SE support (and VGA)
- A vast, ever-growing list of preconfigured news sources presented within
- The ability to add an unlimited number of news sources, either from known sources or by using the A6Ã¢â‚¬Â¢Times online search option
- Automatic and configurable news source updates
- Full screen mode support
- Support for password protected news sources
- Support for SSL encrypted news sources
- OPML import (file, url, Bloglines) and OPML export support
- News images stored in reduced format for offline viewing
- Automatic background downloads of news sources
- The ability to show/hide browsed news
- Scrollbar-free navigation
- Free, lifetime upgrades
the full version of A6Ã¢â‚¬Â¢Times for Smartphone costs US$ 24.95 but a 14-day free trial version is also available. Please note, that A6Ã¢â‚¬Â¢Times requires at least Microsoft's .NET Compact Framework 2.0 but I suggest to download and install the .NET Compact Framework 2.0 SP1 since SP1 can be installed on memory cards now, instead of wasting phone memory.
Cheers ~ Arne