you are a happy MAC user, this update PocketMac update is really important for
you since PocketMac is the only working solution so far to syncronize your
Pocket PC with your Apple Macintosh:
Information Appliance Associates announces the new release of PocketMac,
the original Mac-to-Pocket-PC sync solution.
"We've really pulled out the
stops on this release," said Terence Goggin, CTO of Information Appliance
Associates. "We've added Bluetooth support - now users can sync over
Bluetooth, USB, and Airport.
We also now have the ability to sync email.
What's more, our customers can now install most Pocket PC software & themes
directly from their Macs, regardless of whether the developers have provided
the CAB files."
In addition to enhanced support for the existing contact, calendar and tasks
sync (with Entourage, iCal & OS X Address Book), version 3.0 is most notable
for its new features, offering Mac users unparalleled tools to sync their
Pocket PC with their Mac, including.
- The PocketMac Theme - PocketMac 3.0 transforms the Pocket PC into a
Mac PDA - it actually changes the look & feel of Pocket PCs with
Macintosh buttons & backgrounds.
- Complete support for Pocket PC 2003 - PocketMac 3.0 has full support
for the new Pocket PC 2003 PDA without sacrificing support for models
previously supported by PocketMac.
- E-Mail Synching - PocketMac 3.0 offers complete e-mail synching with
Entourage and Apple's Mail.app.
- Bluetooth - PocketMac 3.0 offers complete support for wireless
synching with Pocket PCs over Bluetooth or Airport (802.11b).
- Installation of Pocket PC software - Pocketmac 3.0 offers rich
support for the installation of Pocket PC software whether the developer
has provided a Windows EXE or a CAB file. The install process is even
simpler than on a Windows-based PC.
- Installation of Pocket PC Themes - PocketMac 3.0 offers one-click
support for the installation of Pocket PC themes.
- Avantgo - PocketMac 3.0 has built-in support for Avantgo's channel
- Mazingo - PocketMac 3.0 has built-in support Mazingo's channel
- WebFavorites - PocketMac 3.0 offers the ability to sync users'
favorite websites to the Pocket PC for offline browsing.
- iSync Integration - PocketMac 3.0 offers integration with Apple's
- iTunes - PocketMac 3.0 supports the synching of users' MP3s with
their Pocket PC with iTunes.
- iPhoto - PocketMac 3.0 supports the synching of users' photos and
pictures with their Pocket PC using iPhoto.
- Desktop Mounting - Now, PocketMac 3.0 can mount the Pocket PC's
memory and/or any of the Pocket PC's storage cards on the desktop for
greater integration with Finder.
- Sync on Connect - When PocketMac 3.0 users put their device in their
USB cradle, PocketMac will automatically sync their Pocket PC with their
Mac; they do not have to manually initiate a sync each time.
- Internet Passthrough - PocketMac 3.0 allows users to have their
Pocket PC "piggyback" on their Mac's internet connection, allowing them
to exchange email, view websites and more directly from their Pocket PC
while it's connected to their Mac.
- Custom File copy - PocketMac 3.0 allows users to ensure one or more
files they select will be copied from the Mac to the Pocket PC every
time their device is synched. This is useful for "publishing" Word
documents, spreadsheets or other data to the Pocket PC only.
- Support for Now Contact - PocketMac 3.0 now includes support for
synching Now Contact with your Pocket PC contacts (Requires Now
Goggin added, "Most of the code has been overhauled and re-written to
make the PocketMac experience seamless and terrific. The best ideas in
this version came directly from our customers. We took their wishlist
and made it happen."
Existing aspects of the software have also been improved/enhanced.
The improvements in the software include:
- iCal Calendar synching - PocketMac 3.0's iCal synching supports
multiple calendars, is faster, and is more reliable as well.
- iCal To-Do/Task synching - PocketMac 3.0 now offers iCal "To-Do"
sync with the Pocket PC's Tasks.
- Entourage synching - PocketMac 3.0's Entourage synching is 83%
faster than in version 2.0 and much more reliable as well.
- Entourage synching - PocketMac 3.0's Contact, Calendar & Tasks
sync with Entourage synching is 83% faster than in version 2.0 and
much more reliable as well.
In addition to PocketMac 3.0, Information Appliance Associates is
also announcing special pricing in partnership with KissWorks Inc.
for those who would like to sync Lotus Notes on the Mac with their
Pocket PC. This specially-priced bundle of the latest updates to
each company's flagship product includes PocketMac 3.0 from
Information Appliance Associates and LipSync 2.0 from KissWorks Inc.
to provide an end-to-end solution for synchronizing Contacts,
Calendar entries and ToDos between Lotus Notes and Pocket PCs.
Hmmm... I've never used a Mac so far nor I'm really aware of the
problems Mac users have to become connected to Pocket PCs or
Smartphone but I have to admit that the features, listed above,
looks excellent and it seems PocketMac does even a better job then
Anyone here has any experiences with both - ActiveSync and
PocketMac 3.0? Would like to hear more. So far Information Appliance
Associates hasn't said anything about Smartphone support but I've
already sent an E-Mail and hope to add their feedback here soon.
PocketMac costs around 38.20 Euro and is available from
Related Links : [More
Information] Source : [PocketMac]