Do you have lots of contacts stored on the SIM card which might be different from your Pocket Outlook contacts? Pocket PC Phone Edition gives you the opportunity to call this contacts, right from the dial pad. This is done by a typical GSM code integration which is also supported by Pocket PC Phone Edition and works with the o2 xda, T-Mobile MDA/Phone Edition as well as with the HP Jornada 928 WDA. "All" you need to know is where your contacts are stored on your SIM card.
- First open the "SIM Manager" and check the phonebook entries like in this o2 xda example
- No open the Phone Edition Dial Pad and enter the index number where your contact is stored on your SIM card followed by a "#"
- A bubble appears which will ask you if you want to dial the number you've selected
- The number will be dialed and you will be connected
- See here how it looks on your Pocket PC Phone Edition
Thatâ€™s it; with this workaround you can access all your SIM card contacts with just three taps.
Cheers ~ Arne