Following the Acer Liquid, Acer has just announced another high-end Android smartphone - the Acer Stream. Running Android 2.1 (with an option for a later upgrade to Android 2.2), the Stream is powered by a 1 GHz Snapdragon CPU and supports quadband GSM/GPRS/EDGE as well as UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA. Furthermore, it features Bluetooth, WiFi b/g/n and GPS in addition to the inbuilt proximity sensor and digital compass. The 3.7" WVGA touchscreen is AMOLED and the 5 megapixel autofocus camera supports HD video recording (720p). The device is backed-up by 512 MB RAM / 512 MB ROM and comes with an extra 2 GB internal flash memory which can be expanded with microSD cards up to 32 GB.
Powerful, spectacular, cutting-edge technologies, state-of-the-art connectivity, ultra-fast, highly sensitive - these are just some of the words that best describe Acer Stream, the latest technological jewel of the Taiwanese company. Elegant and minimalist in design, the Acer Stream is made from highly resistant materials and offers truly outstanding user interface and technical features, all in just 11.2 mm, ensuring users a unique and unrepeatable experience.
The completely brand new user interface, called Acer Touch 3D UI, has been totally redesigned in order to focus on what is essential to users and guarantee a simple and quick access to what matters to them.
- Enjoy smooth animations and fine graphics: surf between photos and video thanks to the stunningly fluid 3D interface and unlock the phone by a 'peeling' gesture, assure a cool but very functional detail!
- Read information straight from the lock screen widget: accessing ambient information on the idle screen gives the user what he needs before he even asks for it.
- Quickly start your favorite applications with one tap: the status bar appears as an innovative divider between logical spaces. It shows all the essential information, providing shortcuts to most frequently used settings and its position allows a very easy access to the settings or notifications.
- Easily switch applications with the History panel: the top part of the Home screen has been dedicated to applications history, with the benefit of reducing complexity and providing significant cues for navigation.
- Reorder applications across several pages at their convenience: Apps can be moved around from one page to another or easily uninstalled by simply dragging them to the bin.
- Customize the phone according to specific needs: a simple customization page accessible from the Home screen will be a pleasant surprise, enabling customers to tailor their smartphone through wallpaper and sound personalization.
Coupled with three types of predictive keyboards, a smart dialer and a redesigned contacts list, the Acer user interface makes using the smartphone an efficient and delightful experience.
Furthermore, the most popular applications are pre-installed, like Acer's exclusively licensed Nemo player to enjoy multimedia content to the fullest, Acer UrFooz to create your virtual "look-a-like", add your profile and bookmarks and post it to your social networks, Facebook and Twidroid perfectly integrated into the address book.
And for music addicts Acer Stream features Spinlets, a completely free streaming service that lets you browse and listen to major music labels and record companies for great music and instantly post what you find to your favorite Social Networking sites.
Unique and high-quality multimedia features, enabling the recording of HD videos up to 720p. Listening to your favorite music or the radio with RDS has never been so pleasant; enjoy the Dolby Mobile quality, with powerful bass and crystal-clear clarity for an unparalleled purity of sound. UPnP technology enables content sharing with other devices. Furthermore, the 5 megapixel autofocus camera works with the integrated GPS system which allow photos and videos to be geo-tagged. Last but not least, you can connect the Acer Stream to your home TV with HDMI port and watch a movie on a larger screen.
Acer has yet not announced from when the Acer Stream will be available.
Cheers ~ Arne