far, the HTC Touch Dual featured Windows Mobile 6 and triband GSM/singleband
UMTS/HSDPA only but during CTIA, HTC revealed that the popular HTC Touch Dual
will debut in the United States this quarter, featuring
yesterday's announced Windows Mobile 6.1 and quadband GSM/dualband HSDPA.
The HTC Touch Dual combines an intuitive touch screen with integrated TouchFLO
technology and slide-out keypad and Microsoft Corp.'s Windows Mobile 6.1
Professional software, making it easier for customers to communicate on the go.
Taking user control to a whole new level, the HTC Touch Dual combines an
intuitive touch screen and keypad within a stunning design. The versatile device
offers an interactive cube interface for quick and easy navigation to E-Mails,
text messages, calendar appointments and contacts. Features include the
- Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz) and HSDPA (850/1900 MHz)
- TouchFLO, a touch-screen technology that allows finger-touch scrolling,
panning and photo zooming
- Slide-out 20-key SureType-like keyboard for quick dialing, text messages and
- Microsoft Office Mobile for working on documents and getting your Outlook
- Live HTC Home featuring time and weather display, quick launcher, and
one-touch ring-tone settings
- 2 megapixel camera for shooting photos/videos and a second camera for video
"HTC has witnessed incredible support and demand for the Touch product
portfolio, and we are pleased to provide our customers with the opportunity to
experience additional iterations of the Touch product family," said Jason
Mackenzie, vice president of HTC America. "The Touch Dual will be among the
first devices in the United States to run Windows Mobile 6.1 and will be
followed by a range of 6.1 updates for several other HTC products."
Best Buy will be the first to offer the HTC Touch Dual, which will be
available through select Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile retail outlets, online at
BestBuy.com and htc.com. A price wasn't given today.
Cheers ~ Arne