UPDATE: Developer One Power Tasks for Smartphone released in Version 1.6
Posted by Arne Hess - on Friday, 16.01.04 - 10:54:08 CET under 02 - Windows Mobile News - Viewed 5693x
This new update to Developer One's Power Tasks makes it an even more powerful tool for management of your Outlook tasks on your Windows Mobile Smartphone!
Power Tasks greatly enhances the capabilities of your Smartphone to better manage your Outlook tasks/to-do list!
Power Tasks was optimized specifically for your Smartphone to help you use your phone as a very powerful task management tool. Going far beyond the built-in Tasks program, Power Tasks gives you the power to group your tasks by category, date, priority? Create, edit and modify tasks? Quickly navigate your list, and personalize it to help you stay on top of all of your important to-dos!
- Custom Task Reminder Times
Now set task reminder times to the time you prefer! Your task alarm date and time is now also displayed in the task preview window.
This new custom alarm functionality is also accompanied by support for automatically setting a preferred alarm time for tasks that have been synchronized from Outlook on your PC. No other Smartphone task manager offers this great feature!
For tasks that you create in Outlook and sync to the Smartphone, if the reminder date is set on the due date, the alarm time information is lost and not synced to the device (it normally uses 8AM as a default). You may now select the reminder time that you prefer for the tasks you sync from your PC. Once synced, you may change the alarm time to a different time if you wish.
- Create recurring Tasks
Now you can create recurring tasks with Power Tasks on your Smartphone. Choose from weekly, monthly or yearly. For other recurring tasks that have been synced from your PC, Power Tasks will still allow you to edit the subject, categories, notes, etc.
- Improved Navigation
- Pressing Left/Right on the navigation pad when in the preview screen will display the previous/next task.
Pressing "4" on the keypad will rotate through all of the available grouping types (i.e. by category, priority, date)
- Using the Volume button, you can now quickly filter tasks in these groups: All, Overdue, Today, Completed, Undated, Future, Active (see content options page for defining the number of days ahead tasks are considered Active.) The title bar of the application will change to indicate to you which list is currently being displayed.
- Easily add an Exit button to the main menu if you wish.
Added additional color customization for the preview text and headers. If you're using darker colored background images, this can help you better see your text.
- When in the main task list, if your tasks have live links (phone/web/mail), you'll see an icon below the checkbox to indicate that you can simply press the Dial button on your Smartphone to either make the call, send an email or visit the related web page. (see image at right.)
- Editing notes on the Smartphone will now properly update the task in Outlook when you sync.
- When in the quick task entry bar at the top of the display, you may now use the feature of pressing and holding the # key to open and paste special characters.
For current owners, this update is free and will automatically recognize your current owner ID and registration code for Power Tasks.
If you are interested to test Power Tasks before you buy it, you can get a trial version from Developer One; this version is also the one to update your current version of Power Tasks. The full 1.3 version is available from Smartphone.net for US$ 13.95 and definitely a must have for Outlook Task users!
Cheers ~ Arne
Related Links : [More Information] [Download Here] [Buy Here] Source : [Developer One]