Finally! I knew it a little bit longer but it took even longer for i-mate to make it available. Anyway, finally it's here - the latest SP3i ROM update for i-mate's HTC Feeler version and this ROM update comes with many improvements, most of us have waited for.
No, it doesn't contains a Windows Mobile 5.0 upgrade (otherwise it would be and upgrade, not an update) but some other important upgrades and fixes:
Upgrades and Fixes:
Windows Media Player 10 for Smartphone
- Operating System
Latest build of Microsoft Windows MobileÃ¢â€žÂ¢ Smartphone 2003 Second Edition operating system
- File beaming over Bluetooth
It is now possible to beam files over Bluetooth using the file manager
- Improved radio functionality
- Call audio quality is improved
- Speakerphone function is now included in the menu for each call
- The user can choose after how many seconds a call is sent through to voicemail
- Sometimes the phone would say "Unable to answer call" if the user tried to answer the phone while the call was being forwarded to voicemail. This functionality has been corrected
- USSD service support is upgraded.
MP3 ringtones can now be used
- Updated MMS
- Input phone numbers in "To" field using T9 "abc" mode, MMS cannot be sent while last number underlined
- After capturing picture, the device might go to album or other photo review option instead of returning to MMS client this has been corrected
- Sometimes, after capturing a video for inserting into an MMS, the wait cursor would cycle and it would not be possible to insert the MMS. This has been corrected.
- Updated T9
- 10 x 10 symbol table introduced
- Launching symbol table could delete words. This has been corrected.
- When browsing to the web pages with text input field and keying in words, the very first letter might appear as a number. This has been corrected.
- Sometimes requesting a capital letter would result in a lower case letter being displayed. This has been corrected.
Bluetooth serial port functionality has been improved. Users will need to install devices that use the serial port (GPS for Tomtom, Destinator, Copilot etc.) in a new way and these instructions will be posted on the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
Updated Java client to latest version
The ROM update is available free of charge via club i-mate for all i-mate SP3i owners. However, the download requires a login which is available for i-mate SP3i owners only! And, it's for the GSM 900 MHz version only (which is the SP3i which supports GSM 900, 1800 and 1900 MHz).
Since I can not register for the i-mate SP3, I'm not sure if the same ROM update was released for this device also but I expect so. If anyone of you with an SP3 could check and confirm in the comments?
Cheers ~ Arne