If you already use a Windows Mobile 5.0 device, you might have noticed that it misses Microsoft Reader. This is because the former Microsoft Reader version wasn't Windows Mobile 5.0 compatible. However, now Microsoft has released a new Reader version which is compatible to all Pocket PC versions > 2002 and also includes support for Windows Mobile 5.0.
This update addresses activation problems experienced by the users of some Phone Edition devices. In addition Microsoft has made it easier to use Microsoft Reader with device storage cards.
Now you can get more from your eBooks on your Pocket PC device. This version includes updates for known performance issues, and adds exciting new features:
- Pan and zoom capabilities for embedded graphics
- Screen rotation capability between portrait and landscape modes for more natural, comfortable reading (Windows Mobile 2003 and above)
This version of Microsoft Reader for Pocket PC is compatible with:
- Pocket PC 2002 and Pocket PC Phone Edition devices
- Windows Mobile 2003 based Pocket PC and Phone Edition devices
- Windows Mobile 2003, Second Edition based Pocket PC and Phone Edition devices
- Windows Mobile 5.0 based Pocket PC and Phone Edition devices
Please note that it isn't compatible with Windows Mobile-based Smartphone devices!
Microsoft Reader 2.4.1 for Pocket PC is available for free from Microsoft in the following languages: English, French, German Italian and Spanish and requires around 2.22 MB on your device.
Cheers ~ Arne