announced earlier, Pocket Bluetooth Tools adds the
missing Bluetooth functions to the O2 XDA II (and similar Pocket PC Phone
Editions, like the T-Mobile MDA II or i-mate Phone Edition).
The current version includes a couple of interesting updates and enhancements:
- Support for Bluetooth Headsets and Car kits (Headset and Handsfree
profile). You may use up to 9 devices at the same time and you do not need
to bond the again.
- Support for the SSP profile (serial port), e.g. for GPS receivers or
- Support for ActiveSync (synchronization with Outlook and Internet
- Switch Bluetooth on and off automatically.
The current version 1.60 of the ROM already includes a virtual serial
port but unfortunately it is a dynamic port, which is not visible to many
applications. Also the ActiveSync support is difficult and complicated to
use and if you want to synchronize with different computers you always have
to bond the device again.
For future releases the developer plans the following improvements:
- Support for Bluetooth network access points.
- Send contacts and files through Bluetooth.
I've already used the serial "modem" functionality of the previous
version with my 3G/UMTS devices which made my
i-Mate Phone Edition the fastest Pocket PC Phone Edition, currently
available - pretty handy and also the Handsfree profile is highly
appreciated. However, I'm not sure why to add send contacts/files too -
this is working for me anyway or does I missed anything?
Cheers ~ Arne
Related Links : [More Information] [Download Here]