Commander might be one of the best File Explorer for the Windows Mobile Pocket PC platform and yesterday the version 2.0 released.
New and important functions and improvements are an FTP client, LAN access, Registry Editor and support for the Windows Mobile 2003SE landscape mode.
To find the new functions you either have to search or you can check the screenshots below to find them easier. ;-)
After you start Total Commander it looks very familiar and basically as before. However, to find the new functions you have to change to the file system root directory.
To access either FTP, LAN or the Registry double tap the double back-slash and you get the new functions provided.
- Copy, Move whole subdirs
- Inplace rename, create dirs
- Delete (no recycle bin)
- Zip and unzip
- Properties dialog, change attributes
- Built-in text editor
- Search function (also for text)
- Select/unselect groups of files
- Select with [Sel] button
- Send/Receive via Infrared (OBEX)
- Brief, full and large icons mode
- Single or two file window mode
- Option to hide all files in ROM
- Directory hotlist as in Total Commander
- Directory history through dropdown list
- Tree view
- Configurable button bar
- Simple help function
- Supported languages: English, German, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish and Swedish
Total Commander 2.0 for Pocket PC is freeware and available from the project page as ActiveSync EXE and CAB-file.