Finally you can also use your Destinator PN with your latest Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC (Phone Phone Edition) because Destinator has released a Windows Mobile 5.0 upgrade which works - according to Destinator - at least with the HTC Universal and HTC Wizard. However, I can confirm it's also working well with the latest E-Ten M600 Windows Mobile 5.0 ROM.
Nevertheless, even if Destinator PM is supporting the HTC Universal now and therefore it is supporting VGA screens, maps and menus still looks a little bit "stretched"and I hope to see this fixed soon also.
The upgrade fixes the following problems:
- Installation of Destinator on Windows Mobile 5 devices is now possible
- The Destinator menu is now displayed correctly on the HTC Universal (aka
T-Mobile MDA Pro, Qtek 9000, i-mate JasJar)
- Bluetooth-connections (with Windows Mobile 5.0 and Widcomm Bluetooth
stack) are possible now
- The bug which reset the warning settings of the favorites every time the
PDA was restarted has been fixed
- The "Storage card has been removed. Application will be closed" message
seen after switching the PDA on and off should not appear anymore.
- It can take up to 5 seconds for Destinator to be ready again after
switching on. This is due to the fact that the latency time of the device
waiting for a reaction from the storage card has been increased.
For registered Destinator PM customers, the upgrade is available free of charge from the Destinator support page.
Cheers ~ Arne