today informed me, that they released their latest product: NewsBreak for Pocket
PC, which is a RSS-feed Newsreader for Pocket PCs.
With NewsBreak you have the
latest information with you, wherever you go. Get the latest headlines, weather,
sports, business and entertainment news wirelessly on your Pocket PC.
productive any time, anywhere, by keeping up on recent events, industry news,
and other information. Turn wasted time into useful time by catching up with
whatever you're interested in.
Stay up to date on the latest news, including:
- Headlines, Sports, Industry News
- Website Updates, Weather, Local Info
- Weblogs, Entertainment, News, Hot Bargains
- Travel Updates, Stocks And much more!
Wherever you are, use your wireless connection (like GPRS or Wi-Fi) or
update your headlines via ActiveSync when your Pocket PC is connected.
- Alerts - NewsBreak will alert you when headlines match your
keywords. You donâ€™t have to scan hundreds of headlines to find the
articles you're interested in. When you want more detail, NewsBreak
shows you the complete story using familiar Pocket IE technology.
- Automatic Updates - Use NewsBreak with a wireless connection, or
with ActiveSync passthrough at your desk. When you have a wireless
service or a Wi-Fi hotspot, use it for mobile updates. When you don't,
get your updates and info at your desk, and read them anywhere.
- Unlimited News Sources - Donâ€™t be limited by a newsreader. You can
find, add, and view any available news feed based on RSS, the hottest
new Internet technology. NewsBreak fully supports all types of RSS
Does your corporation or business have an internal news channel? Use
NewsBreak to keep yourself up-to-date!
- Increased Productivity - NewsBreak keeps track of what you've read,
and shows you what's new.
- Efficient Communication - NewsBreak updates your headlines only when
the info has changed, saving on your battery life and your wireless
- Complete wireless and ActiveSync passthrough support - Use NewsBreak
with your WiFi, Bluetooth, or Pocket PC Phone Edition connection, and
when connected to your PC.
- Complete landscape and high-resolution support for Windows Mobile
2003 Second Edition.
To add new channels you can either chose from a list of known
channels, search online for channels or add the channel URL by hand. If
you already use a RSS Newsreader on your PC, you can even import your
current channels through the OPML standard!
I'm a big fan of RSS as syndication and I have built my personal
newspaper with the use of RSS. Now we get a great RSS Newsreader for
Pocket PCs and it looks pretty promising!
NewsBreak for Pocket PC is available for a introductory price of only
US$ 14.95 (save $5.00) and also includes a 30 day trial version. A
Smartphone version will follow December this year!
Cheers ~ Arne
Related Links : [More Information] [Download Here] Source : [Marc Tassin, Ilium Software]