Remote access from the Smartphone and/or Pocket PCs to the PC is one of the convenient cases to use your mobile device in a home or office environment; for example to remote control your media player from the couch or remote control your PowerPoint presentation.
Now, Jeya has released another version of its Jeyo Remote which let you do exactly this and more. It's powerful and yet simple to use. Jeyo Remote can remotely control any Windows application. It has pre-defined remote commands and scripts that work with the Windows operating systems and popular applications such as iTunes, Windows Media Player, PowerPoint. In addition, its Command Manager enables quick and easy customization of remote commands for any application.
- Built-in support for iTunes, Windows Media Player or WinAMP playlists
- Improved PowerPoint support
- Application launch via Windows Start menu
- File browsing
- Application task management
- An extensive command library
- Powerful scripting capability, using JScript and VBScript
- Sharing of scripts and menus with other users on www.jeyo.com
- User-definable remote menu
- Pre-defined remote menu templates
- Special keys in Win Control for toggling between key maps and mouse pad and for task switching
- ActiveSync over Bluetooth support (Bluetooth required for your phone)
- Infrared (IrDA) support
- Wizard for creating a new mobile phone profile
- Quick switching among multiple mobile phone profiles
If you plan to use Jeyo Remote over Bluetooth, please be sure to check Jeyo's support forum for tips on how to set up ActiveSync over Bluetooth.
Unlike other and similar applications, like Bluetooth Remote Control for Smartphone, Jeyo Remote isn't freeware but so far I was impressed by Jeyo's applications and I'm sure, also this software is worth the money. It's available from Handango for US$ $14.95 and also includes a trial version. Also it's available in localized versions of French, German, Italian and Spanish.
Cheers ~ Arne