Do you remember the previous posting about Hitchhiker for Pocket PCs helps you to connect your Pocket PC to the wireless Internet via W-LAN/WiFi by simply clicking "Connect"?
It will try all public access points nearby if one of the available one can be used for Internet access by performing complicated tests to ensure you can connect to the Internet in no time.
Now, a new version (0.2) was released with the following enhancements:
- Support WEP and WPA-PSK network key and store in WZC
- Fire-and-forget, keep trying all possible networks
- Quick launch toolbox for built-in network tools
- Audible note when connection established
- Prioritize connections based on score
- WZC settings survive even application crash (require simple manual recovery)
Changes from 0.1 to 0.11
- Application icon is now showing properly
- Retains original security settings (WEP/WPA) after close
Hitchhiker is available for free from the project homepage.
Cheers ~ Arne