Back in November, Xbar was completely redesigned and launched as Xbar 3 Beta which was released back in December as the final version. This week, Xbar got its update to 3.1.
xBar is a task-switcher and -manager as well as a thermometer for your Windows Mobile Smartphones and gives you the full power of its multitasking capabilities. In my opinion one of the "must have" apps for Smartphones and still my "all-time favorite".
Since the first Beta of xBar 3, it's code-signed and therefore fully compatible with Windows Mobile 5.0 for Smartphone and Pocket PC as well as it supports QVGA for Smartphones (like the Samsung SGH-i300 or Orange C600) and VGA for Pocket PCs.
New in Xbar 3.1
- Crontab status indicator for Pocket PC (The clock display hh!mm)
- New macro : x93=wake up for PPC, x94=screen on, x95=screen off
- Key\wakeup.lnk is ran when you turn on your Pocket PC
- New crontab core (WINCE API) for best compatibility on Pocket PC
- You can disable the back key (Smartphone) (key\27.xmc with xmacro=x96)
- You can set the speed of the iconbar scroll (ANIMBAR=0 to disable it in cfg.ini)
- You can customize tasks icons (icon/class.lnk where class=Window Class)
That's a lot of improvements as well it gets more flexible now. Current Xbar 3 users can upgrade for free - for sure. For all others, the Xbar update from Xbar 2 to 3 costs 8 Euro, if you haven't used Xbar before, it costs 9.95 Euro. At the moment, there is no trial version available.
Cheers ~ Arne