PowerByHand, the premier provider of mobile content and solutions, today announced best selling applications from three of its leading mobile online properties including PalmGear.com, PocketGear.com and Smartphone.net.
"Because of our reach across the broad mobile content market, we have a unique perspective on the industry that no other company can match," explained Jim Harvey, senior vice president of consumer and developer services at PowerByHand. "We wanted to share this valuable insight with our customers, including wireless carriers, portals, handset manufacturers and retailers; as well as with mobile content developers, consumers and others that can use this knowledge to increase their success in the mobile content industry."
Microsoft's Windows Mobile OS is the fastest growing mobile operating system,
and www.PocketGear.com (affiliate
partner of PPCW.Net) is the leading provider of software for Windows Mobile
Pocket PCs. Enhancements proved to be the most popular category, followed by
Business, Utilities, Multimedia and Time Management.
The Top 10 applications
for PocketGear.com's second quarter included:
- Spb Pocket Plus by Spb Software House
- DVD To Pocket PC by Makayama Software
- Spb Time by Spb Software
- Agenda Fusion for Pocket PC by Developer One, Inc.
- Pocket Informant by Web Information Solutions, Inc.
- Battery Pack Pro by Omega One
- Spb Full Screen Keyboard by Spb Software House
- Pocket Mechanic by Anton Tomov
- Resco Explorer 2003 for Pocket PC by Resco
- Agenda Fusion 6 Upgrade Pack by Developer One, Inc.
"PowerByHand plays an important role in the Pocket PC development
community," explained Andrew Haslam, CEO of Omega One. "PocketGear.com is
dedicated to providing premier Windows Mobile applications and to helping
developers like us create success in this industry."
Utility applications stole the lead from Entertainment at
partner of PPCW.Net), the largest provider of software for Windows Mobile
Smartphones. Entertainment moved to a strong second, followed by Business
(Synchronization), Games and Sports & Games (Action).
The Top 10 applications for Smartphone.net's second quarter included:
- SmartphoneNotes by Syncdata
- SoundZ Cool by AIM Productions N.V.
- Links Smartphone Edition by JAMDAT Mobile Inc.
- Photo Contacts by Pocketx Software Inc.
- 171 Ringtones & Notifications by Vision Software
- xBar 2 by Xetra
- Fizz Traveller (mcTraveller) by Fizz Software Ltd
- Star Trek Communicator by Versaly Entertainment
- Sunnysoft MailCenter by Sunnysoft
- PocketGrandmaster for Smartphone by Clevergames
"Smartphone.net is 100% focused on meeting the needs of Smartphone
users," said Stefan Calle, president of AIM Productions N.V. "By
offering my applications through Smartphone.net, I know that I am
reaching highly motivated Smartphone consumers."
PowerByHand is the leading provider of mobile content and solutions.
Through our industry leading technology, we deliver over 60,000 digital
media titles to millions of customers monthly worldwide through our
content sites PalmGear.com, eReader.com, Smartphone.net and
PocketGear.com, and provide mobile content solutions which support over
50 million mobile subscribers through partners such as Verizon Wireless,
mmO2, Lycos, PalmSource and palmOne. For more information, visit
Cheers ~ Arne
Related Link : [More
Information PocketGear] [More